Brief profile of Marlot Communicatie
Marlot Communicatie is a Dutch communications agency with clear focus on four strategic pillars: free publicity (public relations), crisis communications, media training and public affairs.
The agency, based in The Hague (government seat), delivers communications services to a wide variety of clients in business, non-profit and public sector. We provide both strategic and hands-on advice, based on business realities instead of theoretical frameworks. We are proud to have in-depth knowledge of the Dutch media, including developments in social media. We enjoy longstanding relationships with journalists based on the quality of our work. Besides our work in public relations, we also engage in public affairs consultancy; we know the ropes when it comes to influencing Dutch politics and administration.
Our areas of expertise include:
• consulting on strategy and corporate communications to board members, directors and management;
• press information: writing press releases and organizing press conferences;
• crisis communications;
• support for communications departments, as well as coaching PR officers;
• training (prepare people for dealing with print media, radio and TV);
• media monitoring (tracking the client or key business issues/campaigns in the media);
• public affairs monitoring (tracking the client’s subjects in Dutch politics, quick scan);
• consulting on which steps to take to influence the political and administrative decision-making process.
Amongst our clients are international companies with and without subsidiaries in the Netherlands. References (current and previous international clients):
• The Hague municipality;
• World Society for the Protection of Animals.
At Marlot Communicatie, experienced professionals with distinguished careers in public relations and public affairs are joined with young and eager professionals to offer the best of both worlds. The team is led by Bart Jochems (1961).
Mr. Jochems worked as a foreign affairs and parliamentarian reporter for over ten years. First for (regional) newspapers at Dutch press agency GPD Nieuws. Subsequently, he reported for RTL Nieuws, the commercial broadcaster in the Netherlands, and for public news broadcaster NOS. In 1996, Mr. Jochems made a career switch to business life and worked for two years as a spokesperson and head of internal and external affairs at listed insurance company Aegon. Next, he was appointed as spokesperson to the State Secretary of European Affairs and acted for five years as first spokesperson to three subsequent Dutch Ministers of Foreign Affairs. Mr. Jochems joined the Marlot team in 2005.
If you have any questions regarding our work or would like to inquire about our services, please feel free to contact us.
Phone: +31 (0)70 3115866